Log in

Gallium Zone

Question: Hello there what is you fav element and why mine in neon because it looks sooooo cool :D

Asked by harryhaymaker to Asif, Laura, Lena, Sean, Viv on 17 Mar 2012.

Keywords: , , ,

1Short link http://ias.im/72.1871 | Comment on this question

• Photo: Lena CiricLena Ciric answered on 17 Mar 2012:

My favourite is carbon – because it’s so versatile (it makes diamonds and graphene – the strongest materials on the planet) and because it’s the most important element in all living things on Earth.

1

• Photo: Viv LyonsViv Lyons answered on 17 Mar 2012:

I’ve never thought about this before. Perhaps it should be Helium because I used a lot of liquid Helium during my PhD and it is literally very cool (-269 degrees C). On the other hand we would all die without Oxygen

1

• Photo: Sean MurphySean Murphy answered on 19 Mar 2012:

I like Germanium, because it is a bit different and I use it in my guitar amps to get cool sounds.

1

• Photo: Asif NaseerAsif Naseer answered on 20 Mar 2012:

I love Platinum

0

• Photo: tomalietomalie commented on 19 Mar 2012:

Do lots of guitarists do that or is it just you that does that, Sean?x

1

• Photo: SeanSean commented on 19 Mar 2012:

A lot of ‘old school’ guitarists do this because it can make your guitar sound like old musicians like Jimi Hendrix. When they replace germanium with silicon transistors, and then microchips the sounds changed.

0